PHYSICALLY DISTANCED OUTDOOR WORSHIP
As we continue to evaluate how to move forward through the COVID-19 pandemic while providing meaningful experiences and protecting the safety of those who worship with us, First Christian Church will begin physically distanced outdoor worship services on Sundays at 9:00 AM beginning on July 12th. Our services will continue to be live-streamed and we will have parking spots available for those who prefer the drive-in option for worship.
- Wear a mask. If you do not have a face mask, the church can provide one for you.
- Bring hand sanitizer. We will have a few stations available but we encourage you to bring your own.
- Note the change in service time. To offset the effects of warmer temperatures, this service will begin at 9:00 AM.
- Park in either the main parking lot or the parking lot we've been using for drive-in services. We will be leaving parking spaces open on Division and 11th Streets for those that would like to participate while remaining in their cars or who need handicap parking. You will still be able to tune into AM station 1690 to hear the service.
- Bring water or snacks if you require them, as no refreshments will be passed out.
- Distance yourselves from non-family groups. Please try to maintain six feet of distance when possible. Wave and say hello!
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Communion). Temporary removal of masks permitted during this portion of the service.
- Consider your risk. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, changes in taste or smell, etc.,) please stay home. If you have underlying health conditions and are concerned about proximity to others, please stay home.
- Keep us informed. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 after attending outdoor worship service, please inform the church office or Pastor Bryce immediately.
- Watch the weather. If it looks like rain will impact our service, we will return to our drive-in format. The drive-in services signs will be out on the corner of Division and 11th Streets if that should be the case.
- Remember your options. We will continue to broadcast the services through live streaming. Our drive-in format is still available for those who wish to participate from the safety of their vehicles. Parking spaces will be open on both Division and 11th to offer best proximity to the lawn.
- Bulletins will continue to be available online on our Live Stream page, and we encourage you to bring your phone so you can follow along with the service. We will also be making the bulletins available online beforehand so you can print one out at home if you’d like. If you do not have a smartphone or a printer at home and need a printed bulletin, please call the church by Thursday at 11:00 am and we will make sure to have a paper copy available for you.