DRIVE-IN SERVICE GUIDELINES
In order to protect the safety of those who gather in worship with us while seeking new and creative means of worship, First Christian Church will hold drive-in worship services on Sundays at 10:00 AM. These services will be held in the high school staff parking lot (with many thanks to our neighbors at CFHS) located to the west of the church building. Our services will continue to be live-streamed.
- Greeters in vests will direct you to a parking spot when you arrive. Parking spots will be spaced out in order to allow for safe distancing.
- The parking lot will be open starting at 9:30 am. We ask that you please try to arrive by 9:50. The service is planned to last 45 minutes starting promptly at 10:00 am.
- Please do not exit your vehicle.
- You will be able to tune your car radios to AM station 1690 to hear the service.
- Please limit idling your vehicle to arrival and departure in order to reduce exhaust fumes affecting those around you.
- While we are not requiring masks for our drive-in services, we are recommending you wear a mask anyway, especially if you are rolling down your windows. We anticipate that upcoming reopening phases will require face masks, so it is best if we all get used to coming to church with masks now. If you need a mask, please contact the church office.
- We are inviting you to bring your own communion elements, as no materials will be passed out.
- Bulletins will continue to be available online on our Live Stream page, and we encourage you to bring your phone so you can follow along with the service. We will also be making the bulletins available online beforehand so you can print one out at home if you’d like. If you do not have a smartphone or a printer at home and need a printed bulletin, please call the church by Thursday at 11:00 am and we will make sure to have a paper copy available for you.
- The church building will be locked with the exception of the handicap entrance by the sanctuary. These doors will be unlocked for emergency access to the bathrooms only.
- If use of the facilities is necessary, we ask that you drive your car over to the entrance. Both bathrooms located will be gender neutral bathrooms. Further instructions for use of these bathrooms will be located on signs in the church. Cleaning will be required after use, and instructions and cleaning materials will be located in the bathrooms.
- We are encouraging everyone to have fun with this! Decorate your vehicle, tape encouraging signs to the outside, use window paint, flash your lights to signify an “Amen!” and any other (safe) expression you can think of! As a courtesy to our neighbors, please avoid using your car horn.
- As we all gather in this new expression of worship, we expect we’ll be working out some kinks. If any of these rules is revised, we will let you know.