Body And Soul
Several years ago a group of ladies started this group to nurture our souls and improve our health, thus the name Body & Soul. We started out as a group to discuss exercise and better eating habits to help us get fit and possibly lose some weight. We have gone the route of “weigh-ins”, directed exercises, and even a dance class. Currently the group is made up of retired individuals and our focus has changed direction slightly to nurture our souls by means of conversation and laughter. Each Monday morning a discussion topic is presented by one of the members. We also host guest speakers, such as a nutritionist, and even go visit the produce department of a local grocery store to discover new items to aid in our health.
Body and soul UPDATE
This time of staying at home has brought us many concerns and worries; however, it has also giving a us time to do other things such as:
1. Think about others and give them a phone call.
2. Dig out old favorite recipes or be daring and try a new recipe.
3. Clean out that closet or basement. An FCC rummage sale will occur sometime in the future.
4. Watch some movies on TV that you haven’t been brave enough to watch before.
5. And oh yes, compile newspaper and magazine articles to use when it is your turn to present the Body & Soul lesson.
6. Most important… practice that great smile and your wonderful hugs for when we do get together again!
Make "Body and Soul" part of your week - The friendship will be a blessing to your soul!